1P's proxy credentials popup is strange

Options
eeljazz
eeljazz
Community Member

Hi

About once a day, 1P shows a proxy credentials popup that I need to fill and submit so 1P connects via proxy.

Two things are strange about it:
1. When I try to auto-fill this proxy popup with 1P's universal autofill, 1P crashes
2. When I don't use auto-fill and type my username/PW manually, hitting the ENTER key does nothing. I must click on the button to the right to confirm and send.

Even better than just fixing these two issues would be the option to persist these credentials somewhere so that 1P doesn't need to ask me every day. I already have a 1P item that contains the username/PW required for this so ideally there would be a way to tell 1P to use the credentials from that item for the proxy credentials.

Any thoughts on this?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 14.2.1
Browser: N/A

Comments

• Hello @eeljazz! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing odd issues when using 1Password with your proxy. Both the pop-up and the crashing behaviour doesn't sound right, so that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Can you post a screenshot of the proxy pop-up that you see?
    2. Can you tell me more about the proxy that you use? Do you use any proxy auto-configuration (PAC) files?
    3. When 1Password crashes do you receive a crash report? Or does the app just completely close?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• eeljazz
    eeljazz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave!

1. Certainly. See the attached screenshot.
    2. Yes, we use a PAC file in our enterprise environment.
    3. Yes, I receive a crash report. The app completely closes and the crash report shows up a few seconds later. Here's a screenshot of it:

I saved the content of the crash report as text and I'd like to share it but the forum editor is saying "filetype" not allowed. If you tell me how I can share it, I'm happy to do so.

• @eeljazz

Please email us using the report using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. eeljazz
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/144179/1ps-proxy-credentials-popup-is-strange#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• eeljazz
    eeljazz
    Community Member
    Options

Done!

• Dave_1P
    edited January 30
    Options

@eeljazz

Thank you! I've located your email and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: BNT-32589-771