1Password completely broken in macOS 14.4 (beta)

Options
TheJOlivier
TheJOlivier
Community Member
edited January 30 in Mac

1Password app not compatible with latest macOS beta.

Woke up to a wonderful (/s) surprise this morning. The app is completely broken in macOS 14.4. Between this and the constant emails every single time I use Safari on my phone, I'm getting a bit annoyed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.4
Browser: Safari 17.4

Comments

• Hello @TheJOlivier! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when using 1Password on the macOS beta. Can you share details of the problem you’re experiencing? Any information you can provide, such as an error message and steps to reproduce the issue, will help me understand what’s going on and work on a solution.

the constant emails every single time I use Safari on my phone

I see that you reported this in another thread, let's continue that conversation there.

-Dave

• TheJOlivier
    TheJOlivier
    Community Member
    Options

I woke up, logged into my computer that had updated over night and got a message during the set up pages "The following applications are not compatible..." and 1password was the only one listed. It's now completely inoperable. And unfortunately, since I rely on this application for both personal and professional sites login info, I am dead in the water.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 30
    Options

@TheJOlivier

Thank you for the reply. Since I'm not running the macOS beta myself, I've reached out to my colleagues to see if anyone else has run into the same issue when using the latest beta. Please remember that using beta software can mean running into unexpected issues from time to time. Using production versions of both macOS and 1Password provides the most stable experience.

So that I can investigate this further, are you able to post a screenshot of the message that you see?

Regarding the issue itself, as a first step can you try to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that gets things working again (don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location and is safe):

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. If you see the 1Password menubar icon in the top right corner of your screen then right-click on it and click Quit.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart your Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.

And unfortunately, since I rely on this application for both personal and professional sites login info, I am dead in the water.

The team and I are here to help get you up and running again. Until we get the 1Password for Mac app working on your Mac, as a temporary workaround, you can still access your items using either 1Password in the browser (the browser extension) or by logging in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).

-Dave