Update on the return of PIN unlock for Android?

Options
ibor132
ibor132
Community Member

Curious whether this is still on the roadmap? I've seen numerous references to it "coming soon" in threads here (1, 2) and from folks on the community team on Reddit (1, 2). I've even seen references to it having been added in a beta version as far back as July 2023, but I can't find any reference to the feature returning in the release notes, and it's not present in version 8.10.24 (at least not that I can find).

To clarify, I'm specifically talking about the ability to unlock with a master password, and then unlock via PIN until the app is closed or the device is rebooted. It's a giant pain to have to re-enter my master password when I'm accessing the app frequently, and leaving it totally unlocked in the background is unacceptable from a security perspective. I see references in the release notes to the ability to unlock via system unlock but that is not what I'm talking about - I'm specifically talking about the ability to set a secondary PIN required to access the app after the initial unlock, as in 1Password for Android 7. Is this on the roadmap still?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ibor132,

While I cannot guarantee if/when the feature to add a secondary PIN that's different to the current device unlock option will be added to the 1Password for Android app, I've added your interest to an open feature request we have for this with our Product team.

I hope this helps.

-- Brendan

ref:37700874

• ibor132
    ibor132
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @BrendanR1P, appreciate the response and adding the +1 to the feature request. It's disappointing that 8 was released without this feature as it makes frequent use of 1Password quite difficult/tedious on Android.

• Hi @ibor132,

You're very welcome.

-- Brendan