Constant 1Password emails?

Options
itaos
itaos
Community Member

This question was asked months ago then closed, but have you worked out a way to stop daily the new sign in emails for Safari extension on iPhone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @itaos! šŸ‘‹

Welcome to the community! It sounds like you might be affected by a known issue that our developers are still looking into. Affected users may receive multiple new sign-in emails for each new session of 1Password in Safari.

Are these email notifications telling you that you've signed into your 1Password account from a new browser?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#10342

• itaos
    itaos
    Community Member
    Options

"Your 1Password account was just used to sign in from 1Password for Safari extension"

Same browser, usually after putting the phone down for a few hours.

• @itaos

We've added you to those that are affected by this. I'm sorry for the trouble.

• Monkey121
    Monkey121
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy,

I am also affected by this issue.
    It only seemed to start a last week, is there anyway to stop this happening?

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Monkey121

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the issue, I've let our developers know. Are the emails referring to Safari on iOS or macOS in your case? If they're referring to iOS then the only way to make sure that you don't receive anymore is to turn off 1Password for Safari:

1. Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
    2. Scroll down and tap on Safari.
    3. Tap on Extensions.
    4. Tap on 1Password.
    5. Turn off 1Password for Safari.

Even with 1Password for Safari turned off, you can still save and fill logins with 1Password using iOS AutoFill: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

• Monkey121
    Monkey121
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

The emails I am getting are "Your 1Password account was just used to sign in from 1Password for Safari extension." I believe they are when I am using Safari on iOS

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Monkey121

Thanks for the reply. If the emails are from 1Password for Safari on your iOS device then the steps in my previous reply, to turn off the Safari extension on your iPhone/iPad and use AutoFill instead, would be the best workaround for the moment.

-Dave

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Options

I am also affected, seems to be the case when using iCloud private relay or Safari Private mode or after clearing Safari history and cookies.

• @nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh

I'm sorry that you're also seeing unexpected sign-in emails, I've added you to the internal work item so that our developers are aware that you're affected.

-Dave

• Addie
    Addie
    Community Member
    Options

Iā€™m also affected by this problem.

• Thanks for the report @Addie I'm sorry you've found yourself in this situation. I've made not of this on our work item.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

I filed a bug report as this is also affecting me. Turing off the Safari extension is not ideal of course. Any progress with a fix? Thanks.

• bradleyjp
    bradleyjp
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the list. Just started last week.

• @dtoub and @bradleyjp

I'm sorry that you're both affected, I've let our developers know. We don't have a fix for the issue yet but, if you're receiving too many emails, you can turn off 1Password for Safari and use iOS AutoFill to fill and save logins from 1Password instead:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Safari.
    3. Tap Extensions.
    4. Tap 1Password.
    5. Turn off "Allow Extension".

Then setup and use iOS AutoFill: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

• g0g0gadget
    g0g0gadget
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the list!

• ag_tommy
    edited January 30
    Options

šŸ‘šŸ» @g0g0gadget

• ckwebz
    ckwebz
    Community Member
    Options

This has also started for me as of January 29. Two accounts and the emails are being triggered multiple times per day for my work account which is also protected by Duo MFA.

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member
    Options

Same here šŸ™„

• ag_tommy
    edited February 1
    Options

I've recorded this also affect you @ckwebz and @vidario