Command‑Right Bracket Shortcut in Mac

Options
bionic
bionic
Community Member

When using an application other than the 1password app, Command + ] shortcut opens the 1password quick access.
I have the shortcut for quick access set to Shift-Command-Space bar, but for some reason both Shift-Command-Space bar and Command + ] shortcut are enabled.

Command + ] shortcut conflicts with one for other application and I want to disable this 1password shortcut.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.1.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @bionic! 👋

I'm sorry that an unexpected shortcut opens 1Password's Quick Access. So that I can better understand the situation, can you please confirm the shortcuts that are listed in the following location:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click General.
    5. What is listed for both "Show Quick Access" and "Autofill"?

Can you also tell me what kind of keyboard layout you're using and what language you're using on your Mac?

-Dave

• bionic
    bionic
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Dave

My setting is as follows.

Show Quick Access: Shift + Command + Space
    Autofill: Command + \

However, I changed the "Autofill" setting and my problem was solved!

I use an apple magic keyboard of Japanese (JIS)

many thanks,

bionic

• @bionic

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like you're running into a known issue that our developers are investigating where certain keyboard layouts cause issues with the default keyboard shortcuts.

Changing the default keyboard shortcut for Autofill will indeed allow you to workaround the issue.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to release a fix as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20365