Pre-define Suggested Password Option(s)

Options

Is there a possibility of incorporating a feature that allows for the use of pre-defined complex passwords in your app? While I understand the importance of strong passwords for security purposes, I find myself frequently having to manually select the **"Choose my own password" **option and typing it in. It would be highly beneficial if the app offered the ability to set a few challenging passwords that the user can choose and save, saving time and ensuring a password that the user prefers.

I have successfully implemented such a feature in a different password manager, and it is 100% open source and available on my GitHub. However, I would prefer to utilize 1password for various reasons.

I have thoroughly searched the settings in both my 1password desktop and browser but have been unable to locate such an option. Have I overlooked it, or is it not currently available?

Cheers,

-M

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: MacOS 14.4
Browser: Safari, Brave, Firefox, Opera, Chrome

Comments

• Hey @KitCoderR2,

You can change the Suggested Password settings from the Password Generator in your browser extension. Here's how:

1. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and unlock 1Password
    2. Click on the round Settings menu next to the search bar
    3. Choose 'Password Generator'

Within here you can change the type/length and there is a toggle at the bottom to set it as the default for suggestions.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Are you planning to reuse passwords?

(It’s better to use a unique password for every website/service)

• I second @XIII's question. @KitCoderR2, I recommend that you use a completely unique password for each of your accounts. This prevents you from falling victim to password reuse attacks:

Let me know if Steph's suggestion helps. 🙂

-Dave