1Password isn't filling properly into websites on my Mac

Options
ncoling
ncoling
Community Member
edited February 1 in 1Password in the Browser

I have looked at all the suggestions on the web and I noticed this issue was described in a post and it also mentioned Remote Access the post was closed saying Remote access was fixed but I saw no remedy for the Mac issue this is the reason I was going to switch to NordPass but after looked at that I decided to stay with 1Password I very much would like to have this feature working does anyone have an answer to this issue ?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: Sonoma 14.3
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @ncoling! 👋

I'm sorry that filling isn't working on your Mac, that definitely doesn't sound right. Can you tell me a little more about the issue? Are you trying to fill into a specific app? Is the app located on your Mac or are you accessing it through a remote access app? Or are you trying to fill into a website open in your browser?

As a start, please make sure that you've setup both Universal Autofill and 1Password in the browser:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• ncoling
    ncoling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, an example is that I’ll go out to 1Password and I’ll look at Chase Bank that was my and it shows that I have that I have auto fill on then I go out to Chase Bank and I presented with a fill-in user ID but no password so I type in the password and I get a prompt from 1Password say do you want to save it in 1Password? I say yes, I proceeded to login do my business logout go back into Chase and I get the exact same thing no password filled out even though when 1password asked me if I wanted to update it so this happens to all the auto fill so it hasn’t worked in a long long time for me so you’re saying this not right but I see online that people are having problems with auto fill all the time so if you could give me a little bit more information on what to look at, I’d be happy to give you some more information

• Hey @ncoling,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Can you let me know if you open and unlock your 1Password and search for Chase Bank, do you see the password present here? Do you have multiple items saved for the site?

Can you also let me know the steps you are taking to fill the username? Are you using a keyboard shortcut?

Finally, can you send over the exact URL of the login page so I can do some testing and best advise?

Thank you!