iCloud's Hide my email integration

Options

Hello, i recently discovered this universal extension for integrating iCloud's Hide my email in any web browser : https://github.com/dedoussis/icloud-hide-my-email-browser-extension

Could 1Password integrate it using this project's code? Thank you so much

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jmigsan, thank you so much for writing in and the details you shared.

I appreciate the Github project you shared, it's very interesting. However, since it's an unofficial project, we wouldn't recommend using that implementation.

Currently with our Fastmail integration, we take advantage of their support for an open technology known as JMAP. I'm not quite sure if there's an equivalent technology/API available from Apple, but you can read more about JMAP and how we built our integration with Fastmail here -> How and Why 1Password Built Masked Email with JMAP.

Nevertheless, I completely understand that iCloud's "Hide My Email" integration would be useful. While I can't make any promises, I've passed along your feedback with our product team in support of this.

I hope that helps!

ref:38040828

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    I would also like to cast my vote for it. 😊

The closest possible integration of operating system functions has always been one of the most appreciated features of 1Passwords.

By the way, I'm not quite sure if this is the way you want me to submit my wishes or suggestions for improvement (via my +1 comment). If you have a different approach (voting option for features) please let me know.

• Hello there @nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh, I've shared your feedback with our product team, thank you!

You mentioned:

By the way, I'm not quite sure if this is the way you want me to submit my wishes or suggestions for improvement (via my +1 comment). If you have a different approach (voting option for features) please let me know.

Submitting a reply for a +1 in a forum thread is absolutely okay. You can also send us an email directly at support@1Password.com. Either way works for us. 🙂

I hope that helps.

-Evon

ref:38155100