Universal Auto-Fill is not working after updating Safari 17.3

Options
poleo
poleo
Community Member

I reinstalled ventura. And while I was setting up my mac, I found out that the universal auto fill function of 1password is not working, even though I set permission in accessibility menus.

So I reinstalled ventura again and looked for the cause, and I found that the universal auto fill function was dead right after the update from Safari 16.6(18615.3.12.11.2) to Safari 17.3(18617.2.4.11.11, 18617)

I hope the problem will be solved soon.

1Password Version: 8.10.24 & 8.10.26 Beta
Extension Version: -
OS Version: macOS 13.6.4
Browser: Safari 17.3

Comments

• Hello @poleo! 👋

I'm sorry that Universal Autofill isn't working for you. I'm running macOS 14.3 and Safari 17.3 and Universal Autofill is working for me, this means that we'll need to investigate further to determine what is going wrong on your Mac. So that I can learn more about the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. You listed two different versions of 1Password in your post, which version can you reproduce the issue with? Both of them?
    2. Do you have 1Password for Safari installed?
    3. How are you triggering Universal Autofill? By pressing Command-Backslash?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• poleo
    poleo
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes, both 8.10.24 and 8.10.26 Beta. I tried using Beta because there are correction related Universal Autofill on release note, but problem remained.
    2. No, I usually don't use safari extension.
    3. Yes. When I press Command-Backslash in website login page, relevant login item appears in the 1password mini window, but autofill doesn't work.
  • @poleo

Let's get you over to the technical folks. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Safari should work to my understanding due to it being so deeply linked to the OS. There are some users using Chrome that need to install the extension, because it is not as deeply linked.

Please include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. poleo
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/144291/universal-auto-fill-is-not-working-after-updating-safari-17-3

This will help us connect the dots as they say.