Hacker access while 1password open

Options
brucelb64
brucelb64
Community Member

I stupidly gave access to my mac to hackers while 1password was open. Did they get access to all my 1password info? Passwords? Secure notes?

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: 12.6
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @brucelb64! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you suspect that your computer and account have been compromised. Do you currently have access to a safe and secure device? 1Password isn't anti-malware software and I only recommend that you use 1Password on a device that you know hasn't been compromised. If you don't have a secure device then I recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your devices (for example, Apple Support if you're using a Mac) so that they can help you secure the device and make sure that it isn't compromised.

Once you have access to a safe device, please send an email to our security team so that they can help you secure your 1Password account: support+security@1Password.com

-Dave

• brucelb64
    brucelb64
    Community Member
    Options

I stupidly let them on, but since have wiped the hard disk, installed a new operating system and restored from a backup before the incident. My question is if 1Password was open when they were mucking around in my computer, was everything exposed?

Thanks,

• Dave_1P
    edited February 5
    Options

@brucelb64

Thanks for the reply. In general, 1Password can't protect you from someone who has complete control of your Mac. That person could install a keylogger that can intercept your account password as you type it in and they could exfiltrate your data from your Mac. If the 1Password app is open and unlocked, and a malicious attacker has full control of your Mac, then the attacker would be able to access the app in the same way that you can.

Please email our security team for help with securing your 1Password account and data: support+security@1Password.com

-Dave

• brucelb64
    brucelb64
    Community Member
    Options

I know they had access while they were in my computer. There is no key logger as I explained as I have completely redone the computer with a pre invasion backup. My question is might they still have access to my 1Password vault? I have changed the master password. How much could they suck up from an open 1Password while they had access? Thanks

• @brucelb64

We're unable to help with specific security questions concerning a 1Password account here on the forums. Please email our security team for help with securing your 1Password account and data: support+security@1Password.com

-Dave