How delay starting auto-fill on some websites?

Options

Some websites such as https://www.bankofamerica.com/ ERASE the password field about 2 seconds after the page loads. 1Password is filling the field and then it gets erased (when using Open & Fill). Can I delay when 1Password fills the field?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: Win11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• I'm not aware of any filling delay that we support. I suspect this is some sort of security measure the site has implemented. That said, I can see exactly what you describe. I'll get something before the team. Thank you for bringing it up.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 6
    Options

@jimk3

My best thought is this is intended to prevent filling from password managers. They seem to prefer direct entry. Somewhere in their security testing they likely determined this was a security concern to their site. Most banks even have stipulations in their ream of paperwork you agree to about password managers. You might consider asking them about password managers if you're so inclined. An open letter to banks - may also be helpful I have heard of some banks becoming overly concerned if you even mention/hint you use a password manager.

Generally speaking, I've always had good security from my bank, and I trust them to keep my $ safe. If I have to work around something, I often go that route. It's often a minor inconvenience, in my own opinion. I'll admit that some of my earlier banks prohibited password managers in their terms. I'm now with one that at least never expressly mentioned it, to my knowledge. I could be wrong, but I do not need to wake the sleeping bear. :)

tl;dr I'd like to see if there is something we can improve on here. I've filed an enhancement request before the team. In the time being I'd suggest visiting the site directly and then filling. Which will hopefully stop this behavior and allow you to continue accessing your financials.

ref: PB-38168792

• jimk3
    jimk3
    Community Member
    Options

After the page clears the password I simply use autofill again. I bring it up because it's an extra step to the simplification that password managers offer. The bank can have whatever reasons they want. I'm just hoping 1Password can adapt because autofill is allowed. Thanks for moving this on for further evaluation.

• @jimk3

Thank you for the feedback. I can certainly see how building a way to compensate for the website's behaviour here would be useful and we've passed along your request along to the Product team.

For the time being, you can fill your login after opening the page: Save and fill passwords in your browser

-Dave