Export data to .csv file?

Options
bluemoves
bluemoves
Community Member

I'd like to have a paper-copy backup of all of my logins. Is it possible to export the login data to a .csv file?

I found this link on the 1Password site, but the instructions are useless for what I'm trying to do: https://support.1password.com/export/
It says to export the data and then open it. But it exports the file in a .1pux file which I'm not able to open! I renamed it to a .zip file, but I still can't open the file. I need the file to export in a file that can actually be opened, ideally in Excel.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• bluemoves
    bluemoves
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind folks - I figued it out. Thanks.

• Hi @bluemoves,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm happy to hear you've figured this out!

We don't suggest printing unencrypted hard copies of passwords as a back-up.

Your data is stored on and available to you from 1Password.com (or.ca/.eu). Your data is also cached locally on your devices in the 1Password apps.

Your best source of back up is by ensuring you have a copy of your Emergency Kit with your password recorded on it. That way you'll always have access to your account. If you lose your Secret Key or account password, we cannot restore it for you or help you recover your account.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. We'll be happy to help.