Trouble adding my wife to family account

Options
atonwilliams
atonwilliams
Community Member

Hi there. My wife and I are long time stand alone users. I recently switched myself from standalone to a family account and I switched my wife temporarily to a trial account, which has expired, due to 1password v7 isn't compatible with the latest version of iOS. Tonight I sent her an invite to join the family account and I think I may have messed up. Here's what's been done so far:

• I went to her email on her iPhone 15 and I tapped the join now button. That surprisingly took me to the Edge browser on her phone
  • I used her current acct password and the join now process generated the secret key and emergency kit document
  • I confirmed her invite from the web interface on my windows computer
  • I saved the emergency pdf from her iphone to our shared dropbox account
  • Next I tried to add the family account to her 1password app on her phone so I could move her data over, but I can't open the newly created emergency kit doc. I tried to open it from my phone as well as from my windows computer but no luck. Somehow it got corrupted so I'm out of luck here
  • I'd like to delete her family account and then reinvite her in hopes of generating a new emergency kit doc, but I was afraid doing this would somehow cause harm to her existing suspended trial account

My first question is can I delete her from the family acct and reinvite her? If I can do that will it generate a new emergency kit doc? And lastly, to add the family acct on her phone do I just log her out of her trial acct and log her into the family acct? At what point do I move her existing data to the family acct? All the directions I've found online don't quite spell it out in detail, so I'm a bit confused on what to do.

We are both running 1password v 8.10.24. And we both use 1password exclusively on our iphones.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance that anyone is able to provide.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @atonwilliams

It might be that the doc is still uploading to Dropbox. I've seen that happen. Before you get too involved, you might look to ensure it has finished uploading/downloading. If that's not happened it can appear the document is corrupted. Open Dropbox on whatever device you used to create the file and see if anything syncs or continues to sync.

As to the deletion and invite, yes, you can do that, and yes, you should get a new Emergency Kit. I would suggest adding both accounts to the phone and then moving the data. The sign-out of the other account. Make sure that when you go to sign back in, you use the different account option. This will help ensure you don't accidentally try using the old account details and cause trouble logging in.

Move and copy items