Whats the thinking behind only allowing organizers to recover accounts in 1pass families?

Options
klepp0906
klepp0906
Community Member

Organizer status gives much more power than some are comfortable with. Whether it be contention or someone a bit more uh... not tech savvy we'll go with.

Shouldnt all family members be able to recover for one another in case of emergency? Or at least being able to designate that permission and that permission alone ala checkbox or something?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I have asked/suggested that a couple of times, but I'm afraid we're not getting this... :(

• ag_tommy
    edited February 6
    Options

@klepp0906

Thank you for the suggestion. I can get it before the team. Looks like XIII might be aware of a no answer? No worries. I'll keep pushing for what you folks ask for. It's the only way to ensure we know it matters to you.

ref: PB-38173833

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy thank you for the reply.

I find myself adding my kids to 1password and preparing for that adventure and it has caused me to take another look at security and recovery and things of that nature. having anyone able to restore anyone seems almost all pro and no con.

making everyone an organizer on the other hand, oof. I prefer to handle that business lol, as does everyone else around here :P heck, the wife even demanded i remove her as a parent from the apple family account lol.

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

@XIII

well here's to hoping that the more that ask about it, the more likely and/or pressing it becomes. i'm fully willing to accept that theres some profound security ramification it creates that i'm overlooking but if thats the case, would love to know what it is.

after all, it seems most of the design decisions and limitations seem pretty deliberate. that being said, priorities exist and time constraints and we're all human so things can be overlooked or need to be reconsidered for sure.

• Oh, I can agree with that line of thinking. Thank you for sharing. I've ensured your thoughts are included in the request I filed on your behalf.