1Password keeps popping up the unlock prompt even when I cancel or let it expire

Options
Keagel
Keagel
Community Member
edited December 2023 in SSH

For the past few days the 1Password Touch ID prompt keeps popping up as if something is trying to unlock it when it locks itself after 10 minutes of activity. If I let it expire it'll just pop up again a few seconds later. If I hit Cancel, it'll come back too. I'm using multiple browsers with the extension and Raycast with the CLI, but none of that changed in the past few days.

It's really annoying having it pop up all the time when I'm not trying to use it. Any ideas how I can figure out what's happening (or what's trying to unlock it)?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.20 (81020036)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Keagel! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being constantly prompted to unlock 1Password. We recently released 8.10.22, can you update to see if that makes a difference?

If it doesn't then I would suggest turning off the Raycast extension temporarily to see if that might be causing the issue. If you still see the problem even if the Raycast extension turned off then can you tell me if the issue occurs when a particular browser is open? If you close all of your browsers does the issue stop happening?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Keagel
    Keagel
    Community Member
    Options

Hello!

That's exactly what I had tried. I closed every browser with the extension and it still occurred. I didn't try disabling Raycast though. I ended up rebooting my Mac and that immediately fixed it. So far it hasn't happened again, hopefully stays that way!

Thanks for the reply!

• @Keagel

I'm happy that a restart resolved the issue. If the issue does come back then let me know and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• Keagel
    Keagel
    Community Member
    Options

Well that didn’t last long haha, it just started happening again today. Closed all my browsers one by one and it kept happening. Then I quit Raycast and it still happened. As far as I’m aware those were all the apps potentially using 1Password. After force quitting 1Password itself and reopening it, it seems to be fixed.

• Keagel
    Keagel
    Community Member
    Options

I spoke too fast as it started happening again, but I might have figured out the issue. I'm using lazygit (command line git tool) and my SSH keys are in 1Password. Opening lazygit causes the prompt to immediately appear as I assume it periodically checks if it needs to ask for the SSH key permission.

• kevinpurcellposude
    kevinpurcellposude
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue with 1Password. I'm using 1Password for Windows 8.10.24 (81024044).

For me it certainly seems to be related to the SSH keys I've stored within 1Password. The frequent (but apparently random) prompts to unlock are getting really frustrating and are making me consider switching from 1Password for SSH key management. Is there any fix available?