Browser extension fails to use ("find") passkeys from other accounts than "primary" account

Options
flindeberg
flindeberg
Community Member
edited February 8 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

It seems that a recent 1Password-version has introduced a regression with regards to passkeys in multiple 1Password-accounts.

Prior to this week I have used 1Password for multiple accounts with passkeys in all of them without issues. Since Tuesday this week, or so, I have been unable to use and store passkeys in other accounts than my primary account.

This bug exists with plugin / extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox (I have not tested Edge and the others) through multiple versions on both MacOS and Windows (I have not tested Linux).

Note that passkeys in multiple accounts still work perfectly on mobile devices, and as the mobile app as authenticator for desktop browser login through QR-code and bluetooth.

The dialogue frame above only shows passkeys from my main / personal account. Passkeys in secondary / enterprise accounts do not show up.

My current workaround is to use cross-device authentication where I use 1Password on my phone as authenticator instead of the 1Password browser extension.

1Password Version: 81024044
Extension Version: 21.5, 21.7, 2.20, 2.20, 2.21, etc
OS Version: MacOS, Windows
Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited February 9
    Options

Hello @flindeberg! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble saving and signing in with passkeys. I haven't yet been able to reproduce the same issue as you've described it. Do you happen to know if your Enterprise account administrator has turned off "Passkey item support" for your account? You can forward them this article: Manage team policies in 1Password Business

Passkeys in secondary / enterprise accounts do not show up.

How many accounts do you have? And do you have passkeys saved in other family/individual accounts that are also not showing up? Or are all the non-working accounts work accounts?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave