Feature Request: Add length next to Password strength

Options
fernandog
fernandog
Community Member

I have to copy and past the password to notepad++ to see the password length and it's a hassle (not a progress bar, the exact length). And, If possible, add a new sort option to sort by password length

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member
    edited February 10
    Options

Yes, it would be a good feature to sort on password length. For example, I have a 64 character password which is categorised as fantastic. But I also have a password with 20 characters which also is classed as fantastic.

In the meantime, if you hover over your password in 1Password, you should see an arrow appear on the right. Click this and then click Show in Large type. The position of each character is now shown and from this the length can be revealed.

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member
    Options

@Powerless I end up writing a 1password CLI script to create a tag for Logins item with password length less than 25. Now I can know which items to update the password. When I update it, I remove the tag. Will take time to update all, but at least now I have a easy way to manage those items.

if you like programming, you can try it on Powershell:

$json = op item list --categories Login --format json | ConvertFrom-Json
    $ids = $json | ForEach-Object { $_.id }

foreach ($id in $ids) {
        $item = op item get --format json $id | ConvertFrom-Json
        $title = $item.title

foreach ($field in $item.fields) {
            if ($field.id -eq "password" -and $field.value -ne $null -and ($field.value.Length -gt 0 -and $field.value.Length -le 24)) {
                op item edit $id --tags "<25"
                Write-Host $title "updated - Len: " $field.value.Length
            }
        }
    }