Unable to login to Microsoft account after trying to save a passkey

Options
Lynchj
Lynchj
Community Member
edited February 7 in Android

I have never used a passkey but saw I was prompted to do so in 1Password for my Microsoft account. I clicked the link went to Microsoft, followed the instructions to go passwordless. It said something about authenticator being used from now on. Now my emails dont load in my outlook app unless I log in with their authenticator. The passkey doesnt show up anywhere in 1Password. After I was taken by the link to MS security page it never took me back to 1Pass.

Im a person that understands how to USE apps and programs, figuring out all the detail and what is going on is beyond me. I don't know what has happened. Id rather have my passwords and my emails loaded on my screen than having to go to authenticstor app every day to match a number. I plsn on changing it back to passwords and never doing anything with passkey for my Gmail or any future passkey prompts. Unless someone can simplify the process and maybe what went wrong once I was directed to Microsoft through 1pass link.

Also, I constantly have issues with 1pass not being recognized as my password mamager and popping up in the app or webpage. I end up having to log onto 1Password sesrching for the login and copying and pasting my password. If the webpage and app are both provided in the login details, what could be the problem (Samsung zFold5)

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hi there @Lynchj

If you haven't already, can you try the steps shown on our Passkeys.directory listing page for Microsoft?

Passkeys.directory – Microsoft (Personal)

You'll need to follow the "Sign in with Windows Hello or a security key" workflow. It seems Microsoft are hesitant to use the word "passkey" and tend to substitute it for Windows Hello instead.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey