Identity and Credit Card entries becoming corrupted/faulty -- won't autofill

Options
MaximusFSU
MaximusFSU
Community Member
edited February 12 in 1Password in the Browser

I reached out directly to 1password support and am awaiting a response, but figured I'd see if anyone here had a similar issue. I've been using 1password for years. Loved 7... and 8 WAS growing on me, until I hit a major snag.

Over the past year, since switching to 1password 8 on my two macs (intel macbook air and M1 Max Mac Studio, both running sonoma 14.3) I've noticed that autofill has been failing a lot. At first it was just on a few sites, and then it seemed to fail altogether. This glitch persisted across multiple browsers on both computers. Password filling remained somewhat consistent, though there are still sites that won't fill (Looking at you Disney/Espn).

Anyway, I've been too busy to troubleshoot this and had all but given up... until one day when I accidentally clicked to autofill my wife's information from her saved "identity" and it worked perfectly. My identity however still wouldn't populate no matter what I tried.

It seems that my issue is that certain entries become corrupted (for lack of a better word) and stop autofilling. After I deleted my identity and made a new one, autofill begain working again... for a while. But that new identity became corrupted after some time as well. This happens with my saved credit card entries as well. Once I delete and make a new entry from scratch, it works again for a while, before it shits the bed and I have to repeat the process.

This happen to anyone else??

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.15.1 (FF), 2.19.0 (Safari), 2.20.0 (Chrome)
OS Version: Mac OS Sonomy 14.3
Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari

Comments

• Hello @MaximusFSU! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when filling your Identity and Credit Card items. I haven't run into this kind of issue myself, and we'll need to investigate further to see what might be happening in your case.

Our team can definitely help with this and I see that you've opened a ticket already, please continue the conversation there. To prevent duplication of efforts, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: XYX-67441-411

This discussion has been closed.