Apple Vision Pro installs with issues

Options
NOSFERATU
NOSFERATU
Community Member
edited February 6 in iOS

I just got my Vision Pro up and running and installed 1Password. Works almost without any issues. It uses the iPad version.

The one issue I experience is when I am trying to enter my password a grey window with nothing in it appears and will not go away. The option to close or move it is not there. There is nothing to select or act on in the window.

Everything does work! It lets me enter in my password to unlock 1Password for use in Safari. It does the autofill with no problems. The one issue is the grey window/box that has appeared that can't be closed.

I have tried force quitting all the apps, no luck.

The only way to get rid of them is to turn off the Vision Pro or force restart it.

Anyone else experience this?

1Password Version: current (2/2/24)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad/on Vision Pro
Browser: safari

Comments

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

Having some issues using 1Password in Vision Pro. Hitting the "Use 1Password" icon in a password entry box puts up a translucent grey/white box that can't be dismissed and doesn't do anything. Even force-quitting 1Password doesn't always remove it. I'm sure this is a growing pain and will be fixed soon

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: visionOS 1.0.2
    Browser: Safari

• tortugonal
    tortugonal
    Community Member
    Options

Me too, exactly as you describe

• milleri
    milleri
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• ssgelm
    ssgelm
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. Additionally I've seen various quirks filling passwords in both native visionOS and iPad apps.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 7
    Options

Hello everyone! 👋

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Vision Pro! The 1Password app that is available to be installed on the Vision Pro is our iPad app running in a special compatibility mode. A few of my colleagues have reported similar issues and I'll get your reports in front of the team as well.

For the time being, I would suggest turning off 1Password for Safari and using Password AutoFill instead to save and fill logins from 1Password (you may need to adjust the steps slightly for visionOS): Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know if that works better. 🙂

-Dave

• ssgelm
    ssgelm
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah for the most part password autofill works. Some occasional quirks but I think that's more bugs in visionOS than anything related to 1Password. All things considered the iPad app works pretty well in visionOS and is perfectly serviceable! Thanks!

• @ssgelm

Thanks for confirming. We're still very early days for visionOS and I expect that the experience will continue to improve as time goes on. We're all very excited for the future. 🙂

-Dave

• NOSFERATU
    NOSFERATU
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure if the app auto updated… or just calmed down =) I have had no issues at all over the past 6 days!

Viva La 1Password!!!!!

• @NOSFERATU

One of my colleagues reports that certain issues, especially surrounding Optic ID, have been resolved with visionOS 1.0.3. I'm happy that things are working better for you now. 🙂

-Dave