Managing multiple logins for one web site (same email, different passwords, different subdomains)

Options
crowslivebig
crowslivebig
Community Member
edited January 29 in 1Password in the Browser

How do I handle a web site that requires three different logins, each with a different password but the same user id (email address)? For example, manage.macrium.com, support.macrium.com, and for account management, plain old macrium.com. The email address associated with each is the same but the password is different.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• EvonG1P
    edited January 30
    Options

Hello @crowslivebig, thanks for writing in.

We should be able to add custom autofill behaviour rules for each Login item, so that they're suggested to each domain.

I've created three different example Login items and set the website URL to match the website's domain. While using the 1Password desktop app to edit the item, beside the website URL click the "Autofill Behaviour" button and select "Only fill on this exact domain".

Here are the steps to create a new Login item and set the autofill behaviour rule:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Click "+ New Item" and select "Login".
    3. Enter the title, username, password and one of the website URL's.
    4. Click the "Autofill Behaviour" button beside the website URL and select "Only fill on this exact domain".
    5. Click "Save".

If you already have an existing Login item, here's a short video demonstrating on how to edit the item using the 1Password desktop app to add the autofill behaviour rule: https://share.cleanshot.com/C3hDR63R.

However, while I was testing I noticed that when I navigated to https://www.macrium.com/ login page, it redirected me to https://manage.macrium.com/login. Is there another Login page specifically for macrium.com?

I look forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further, @crowslivebig.

• crowslivebig
    crowslivebig
    Community Member
    Options

A belated thank you for your excellent and detailed reply. It is just what I needed and, after a bit of self-inflicted confusion when passwords saved to Google reared their ugly heads without my realizing it, I am on my merry way and things are working well. I really appreciate your generous help, @EvonG1P !

• crowslivebig
    crowslivebig
    Community Member
    Options

@EvonG1P I forgot to mention that Macrium has three separate logins, at least if you use their customer support and community support:

• manage.macrium.com which as you noticed is where www.macrium.com brings you. This is for things like subscription management.
    • help.macrium.com for customer suport
    • forum.macrium.com for community support
      I checked and was told that each of these does indeed require separate log credentials with its own password. So I now have three entries set up in 1Password using the custom Autofill to limit each to its own exact domain and it works a peach! Thanks again!
  • Hey @crowslivebig, you're very welcome! I'm glad that I was able to help. 🙂

I also appreciate the additional information regarding the different website URLs, having three different entries and using the Autofill Behaviour rules is the right way to go.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with, @crowslivebig.

-Evon