Bad UX for multiple accounts or any fast way to unlock?

Options
OneTouchBlaze
OneTouchBlaze
Community Member

I have two accounts in my 1Password app. I always need both vaults (personal & work) unlocked, so every day I need to follow the same tedious procedure:

• Open 1Password by shortcut or on-demand via browser plugin
  • Enter password of the first needed vault (convenient)

Now I need the second vault and here it becomes a pain. In the browser plugin I cannot quickly unlock the second vault. There's no option anywhere to do that quickly. I really need to open the desktop app, specifically select the second account in the dropdown, then enter the password and then switch back to "all accounts".

What a nightmare of UX. It's already possible to enter any password and it just unlocks the right vault. Great! But why not make it easy to unlock further vaults just as easy. It's a pain, every day.

Or did I just completely overlook it? I really hope they improve it any time soon...

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.2
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox/Chrome

Comments

• Hi @OneTouchBlaze 👋

Thank you for writing in regarding your experience unlocking multiple accounts in 1Password. 1Password requires that you unlock each account using its own account password since this is the secret that decrypts the information stored in each account. With that said, I do have some suggestions that will allow you to unlock both accounts at once rather than needing to unlock them separately.

The first suggestion would be to set up Windows Hello to unlock 1Password, which will allow you unlock all of your the accounts added to the 1Password app at once: Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC

The second suggestion would be to ensure that all of the accounts you've added to 1Password have the same account password. This will allow you to unlock all of the accounts that use an account password at once by entering that single password, rather than needing to enter a different password for each account. You can read more about this here: How to use multiple accounts

Let me know if these suggestions help. If they don’t work for your particular use case then tell me a little more about your situation and I can help further.

-Trevor