Unable to log into MacOS app

Options
jonpho
jonpho
Community Member

I am able to login to the 1password website, but using the same password I am unable to login to the app on MacOS or the Chrome??

Any ideas??

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.24 (81024044)
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: 14.3
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @jonpho! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not able to add your account to the 1Password for Mac app. Can you try these specific steps in order:

1. In your browser, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
    3. Click "Add your account directly" and allow your browser to open 1Password. You'll see your account details in the app.
    4. Enter your 1Password account password and click Sign In.

If that still doesn't work then can you tell me the exact wording of the error message that you receive (if any)? Can you also tell me if you're using any sort of proxy or VPN software?

-Dave

• jonpho
    jonpho
    Community Member
    edited February 13
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P
    Thanks for swift reply.

Ok i can get to point 3 and when i press 'Add your account directly' nothing happens?? No error or anything to indicate what is happening

Not using any VPN or Proxy

• @jonpho

I'm sorry that the steps didn't work. I'd like you to try an alternate method: When you try to add your account to the desktop app, are you clicking on an account suggestion? If you are then ignore the account suggestion and add your account manually.

You should see an option to Sign in with a different account. Click that option, click Enter account details, and then enter your account information manually from your Emergency Kit

If you don't see the option that I'm referring to then can you post a screenshot of what you do see?

-Dave