1Password for Safari stops working

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Native Password AutoFill Extension macOS.

Comments

• jhogervorst
    jhogervorst
    Community Member
    Options

➕1️⃣

This is a big miss, especially now that Passkeys are getting more common, and the 1Password extension in Safari is (still) totally unreliable.

• @jhogervorst

Thank you for the feedback. You can use 1Password in the browser to save and sign in using passkeys: Save and sign in with passkeys in your browser

Is there a specific circumstance you're running into where that isn't working?

the 1Password extension in Safari is (still) totally unreliable.

Our team is working to improve the experience in Safari. Can you tell me a little more about the issues that you've run into?

-Dave

ref: PB-38245176

• jhogervorst
    jhogervorst
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks for your reply.

I'm aware of the Passkey functionality integrated in 1Password. But an integration through macOS would make it usable in more places.

Regarding the Safari extension problems: after some time of starting Safari, the extension will stop working. Could be a matter of hours, or days. In those situations, the 1Password autofill dropdown does not appear, and the extension itself also doesn't show or load.

I can often resolve it by restarting Safari (and maybe 1Password as well? — not sure). But it's just really frustrating. It keeps coming back and it completely breaks the functionality of 1Password. This is just not acceptable for an (expensive) piece of software like this.

• @jhogervorst

I'm aware of the Passkey functionality integrated in 1Password. But an integration through macOS would make it usable in more places.

Can you tell me what those places are so that I can pass along your use case to the team? Is there a specific app where you're given the option to use a passkey but can't at the moment?

Regarding the Safari extension problems: after some time of starting Safari, the extension will stop working.

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari stops working, thank you for posting the screenshot. I've split your comments into a new thread so that we can focus on the Safari issue here. The next time that the issue occurs I'd like to ask you to send in the following:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• jhogervorst
    jhogervorst
    Community Member
    Options

Can you tell me what those places are so that I can pass along your use case to the team? Is there a specific app where you're given the option to use a passkey but can't at the moment?

@Dave_1P I don't have any examples at the moment. I just would prefer to use the system method instead of a custom one, as the system can probably do it better than some app :-)

The next time that the issue occurs I'd like to ask you to send in the following:
    (…)
    You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Done! The support ticket ID is NJN-48466-648.

• @jhogervorst

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the team.

Done! The support ticket ID is NJN-48466-648.

I've located your ticket and have moved it to the correct team, one of my colleagues will reach out to you soon to further investigate the issue you're seeing in Safari. Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: NJN-48466-648
    ref: PB-38245176

This discussion has been closed.