Sample .csv or field lists for importing all file types

Options
AndyNiel
AndyNiel
Community Member
edited February 12 in Lounge

Does anyone know where I can find .csv examples or field lists for each file type? I am moving from a few different unsupported password managers to 1Password so I am going the custom .csv route. I have been going through a klunky system of filling out an item with junky data and then exporting it from 1 Password to get the format and available fields. There has to be a better way, and if I could see .csv samples or at least get a list of available fields for all the file types, it would make things easier. I looked at this page https://support.1password.com/cs/import-mac/ bit it didn't have the complete info I'm looking for. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited February 12
    Options

Hello @AndyNiel! 👋

Thanks for the question! The page that you linked to is for an older, and no longer supported, version of 1Password. We have an updated guide on how to structure and import a CSV file using 1Password.com here: Move your data into your account on 1Password.com

Let me know if you still have questions after giving that a look. 🙂

-Dave

• AndyNiel
    AndyNiel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, yep, that was actually the page I was looking at that didn't have all the details, but I pasted the wrong one here. Not long after posting I was able to find what I was looking for though, it was in the readme file for MrCs importing tool. Thanks for your response.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 13
    Options

@AndyNiel

If you want to see the list of 1Password's stock fields / category, you'll want to view the table named %pux_table at the top of the file MCS/Generators/PUX.pm. 1Password's field names are the second column from the right. The internal key is the first column, the field type the second, and the third column is my abbreviated name for the standard section names.

The csv converter can be extended if you need additional categories, fields, etc.

• AndyNiel
    AndyNiel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MrC, I will take a look at that. Great little program BTW, I used it to import from Bitwarden yesterday. 👍

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@AndyNiel

You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words.

• Thank you MrC!

@AndyNiel

If you have any further questions, let us know and we'll be happy to help 🙂.

-Trevor