How to edit the subtitle of a Bank Account item?

Options
embee
embee
Community Member
edited February 15 in Mac

When making a new item the title is like: bankaccount and the subtitle is the content of the first entry in an item. That can not be changed. Why not? Even after adding a new entry with a different content, subtitle stays the same. How to change it? Delete the complete item and make a new one?

_1Password Version: 8.10.23
_Extension Version:
_OS Version: ios 14.2.1
_Browser: firefox

Comments

• @embee

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you talking about the title or a tag? If it's the tag that seems to align better with your ask. It's not possible to rename tag in some situations. Please let me know more.

• embee
    embee
    Community Member
    edited January 10
    Options

See picture. Bankrekening = Bankaccount (= item) and Regiobank is the name of the bank and entered in the item Bankrekening; the first entry. But it is not possible to delete or change 'Regiobank' in something else or leave it open. I prefer not see a subtitle (Regiobank) because I have multiple bankaccounts in one item instead of multiple items (one for each bankaccount). I hope it clear... thank you

• ag_tommy
    edited January 10
    Options

If you edit the item and change the bank name it should no longer show like in your screenshot.

• embee
    embee
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the late reaction. But that is just what is not happening in my 1Password. The line 'this is the line to change' stays what it was and does not change after entering a new bankname.

• @embee

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify: does the field say regiobank and do you click Save in the 1Password app after changing that line to something else like testname? Then, if you edit the item again, does the field say regiobank again instead of testname?

When changing the field, make sure that you're changing the value and not the label part:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• embee
    embee
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, exactly. See image.

• @embee

Thanks for the screenshot. Is the field that is marked "naam bank" the original field that was included in the item? Or was it a new field that you added at some point?

As a troubleshooting test, could you create a new Bank Account item and edit the "bank name" field in that new item to see if it shows the correct value that you've typed in?

-Dave

• embee
    embee
    Community Member
    Options

That's it. Apperently it not the original field. Indeed, I added a new field 'text' and changed that in 'naam bank'. Changing the value of that field is not equal to changing the original field.

Thanks. Problem solved.

(I want multiple bankaccounts in one item Bankaccount; therefor I have to add fields fore banknames.)

• I'm glad that we were able to solve the mystery. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with in the future.

-Dave

• embee
    embee
    Community Member
    Options

OK.. but I still would like the option to add multiple bankaccounts to one item Bankaccounts instead of have to create for every bankaccount a new item.

Thanks anyway..

• @embee

At the moment, Bank Account items are designed to store information about one particular account. You can create multiple Bank Account items, one for each account, and then linked them together: Link related items in 1Password

Storing each account in a separate item allows you to better organize your accounts, search for them, and share them if needed.

That being said, can you tell me a little more about why you're storing multiple bank accounts in one item? Is there a particular use case that you achieve by doing so? I'd love to pass along your experience to our team so that they can see if we can make improvements for your use case in the future. 🙂

-Dave

• embee
    embee
    Community Member
    Options

One minor reason: it is posible to have more than one account (pay, saving, joint, individual) by a bank. If so then the tree is: bankaccounts, bankname A, account#1, account#2, account#3; bankname B, account#1, account#2

That is why I ran into it.

• @embee

Thank you for the explanation. Have you considered multiple Bank Account items that you then link with a tag named for your bank? You can read more about tags here: Organize with favorites and tags

By clicking on the tag for your bank, you'll be able to see all of your accounts at once like this:

-Dave