1Password & Arc for Windows support/whitelist?

Options

Recently as you may have heard, Arc has been launched in beta on Windows.

Being a current user of 1Password I'd love to use the browser as my main for a little while to provide feedback and input but it appears the desktop app integration currently does not work due to how 1Password utilizes a whitelist on Windows for now, as I see it the "trusted web browsers" feature is currently only available on Mac on the nightly branch.

I'd love to provide any assistance or details if needed! I'm sure the Arc team would also be willing to work with you guys on this as well, considering Passkeys, Windows Hello, etc. all work just fine under Arc (for Windows) at this current moment.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.26 (81026014)
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: Windows 11 (23620.1000)
Browser: Arc (Windows)

Comments

• Hello @cryptofyre, thanks for writing in and letting us know this is something you're interesting in!

You're right, adding a trusted browser is initially only be available on macOS. However, we hope to bring this feature to other platforms as well in the future.

Nevertheless, I've shared your feedback with our product team to support the Arc browser on Windows, so that app integration works with the 1Password browser extension.

I really appreciate the feedback you shared and offering any assistance or details, @cryptofyre. Let us know if you have any further questions, we are happy to assist.

-Evon

ref:38037579

• jham_
    jham_
    Community Member
    edited February 2
    Options

@cryptofyre Not sure if it was the Arc or a 1Password update, but it's working properly for me now as of 2/1

• EvonG1P
    edited February 2
    Options

Hey @jham_, that's great to hear, thank you for confirming that.

I've checked in with the team and it looks like we did update this on our end. It is currently available in the beta version of the 1Password extension and the 1Password desktop app.

Thanks again for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

[Edited for clarification]

• alex73630
    alex73630
    Community Member
    edited February 9
    Options

Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹

I want to report that as of today, I am not able to use the desktop integration on Arc for Windows with both stable and beta extensions and the beta version of the desktop app.

I do briefly see the "Connecting to desktop app" but it doesn't connect and console shows a BrowserVerificationFailed.

EDIT: After checking 1Password's BrowserSupport logs, it seems that it can't find Arc signature/version from the process: https://gist.github.com/alex73630/700f9e66c715a078dfff232272bb4035 (part of the log is in French, sorry)

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.26 (81026021)
    Extension Version: 2.20.0 & 2.21.0
    OS Version: Windows 11 (22631.3007)
    Browser: Arc (Windows) 0.8.0

• EvonG1P
    edited February 14
    Options

Hello @alex73630, thank you for reaching out and I apologize for the delay in response.

While I don't have access to Arc for Windows myself, some of my team members were able to recreate the issue internally. I appreciate you submitting this information, and I've passed it along to the appropriate team for a resolution.

Could you please send us an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and Iโ€™ll be able to locate your message and make sure itโ€™s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further, @alex73630.

-Evon

[Edited for clarification]

• alex73630
    alex73630
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @EvonG1P !
    I've created a ticket yesterday but I somehow failed to send the ID here so here it is: MZT-22334-194

I already got an answer but I think my message didn't got to the right place due to my mistake ^^'
    I sent an answer to explain the mix-up just in case.

Thanks for the assistance!

• Hey @alex73630, that's no problem at all, thank you for writing in.

I've located the support ticket that you opened via email and I can see that my colleagues had sent you a reply. Let's continue the conversation there. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Evon

• alex73630
    alex73630
    Community Member
    Options

Following up on the emails, I was gonna send a bug report to Arc so they could track the issue as well.

But as I was writing my bug report, a new update released (0.9.0) which fixed the certificate issue and now the integration works!

Thanks again to the support and the dev teams at 1Password for the help and the dev team at Arc for the work!

• Thank you for the update @alex73630, that's great news.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.