Issues with the communication between the extension and desktop app

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Error when using 1Password in the browser: "Your session has expired.".

Comments

• Mooz80
    Mooz80
    Community Member
    edited February 6
    Options

Any solutions yet? same problem here, have the prompt to enter password multiple times a day (more than 6 times a day).
    A tab opens and I need to enter password. I have 2 accounts, so need to enter both passwords.
    Happens on both Chrome and Edge since the latest version 2.20.0.

• Mooz80
    Mooz80
    Community Member
    edited February 7
    Options

@kevin.li

Joining the discussion as I have the same problem since last week. I get prompt 5 or 6 times a day to enter credentials.

Do you see the notification popup from the browser, as shown below?
    Yes, I'm on Mac but the same is happening

Do you have the 1Password desktop app installed?
    Yes, but I'm not using it really, I don't open it.

Or, have you recently removed the desktop app?
    No, still installed, but not used.

Do you have MFA enabled for your 1Password account?
    Yes

Can you confirm the version of your 1Password extension in the browser? This guide will help you to locate the version number.
    Version2.20.0

I use both Chrome and Edge on the same computer and they both suffer of the same problem.

Thanks!

• Mooz80
    Mooz80
    Community Member
    Options

@kevin.li
    I tried it yesterday as I saw the other post.

I updated the application, made sure it's running and logged in.
    Rebooted a few times.
    Tried to activate the flag in Chrome and Edge, always the same error:

So this workaround was no help for me so far.

• Mooz80
    Mooz80
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Ticket just created with console log sent.
    FNZ-59896-624

Thanks,

• Dave_1P
    edited February 9
    Options

@Mooz80

Thanks for posting the Support ID! Your ticket made it to the right team and you'll receive a reply from one of my colleagues as soon as they've reviewed the console log. 🙂

-Dave

ref: FNZ-59896-624

• @Mooz80

Thank you, I replied to you over in the other thread and one of my colleagues will reply to your email soon. 🙂

-Dave

• Mooz80
    Mooz80
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on the fix? problem still there... and annoying. Thanks

• @Mooz80

I don't have any updates at the moment. I see that my colleague sent you an email with two workarounds six days ago. If you're having trouble with using the workarounds then please reply to that email and the team would be happy to help further.

If you don't see the email then please check your Spam/Junk folder.

-Dave

• Mooz80
    Mooz80
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have received the email but I can’t make it work on Mac. I’m not able to make the extension and the local application sync.

Since it worked well for the last year, I wish the extension can just be fixed as it was working.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 16
    Options

@Mooz80

Thanks for the reply. I don't have access to your console log or account information here on the public forum and my colleagues over on the email side will be in the best position to fix the issue and get the desktop app and browser extension talking again on your device. I've asked them to reach out to you, you should receive an email soon.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread. Please continue the conversation in the support ticket that you opened with our support team over email.

-Dave

PS: I've merged your comments from the two threads that you posted in into a separate thread to keep everything in one place.

This discussion has been closed.