How to prevent unlabled text input from triggering 1Password extension

Options

I have a hobby webapp taking notes. In it, when I trigger renaming a note I present a basic modal with an h1 and a single text input. 1Password thinks that I want to fill in an identity and clutters the whole thing up.

I know that 1Password looks at all the inputs on the page to try and guess what type of page it is, and it appears to think that this one input represents a first name. But, it's not. It's just a file name.

Is there a way I can suggest 1Password that this isn't relevant and is actually in the way?

<div class="modal-container s-eyBh7BUgyYx3">
  <h1 class="s-eyBh7BUgyYx3">Rename note</h1>
  <input type="text" autofocus="" class="s-eyBh7BUgyYx3" />
</div>

I would attach a screenshot but none of the toolbar icons work for me in this rich text editor.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password browser extension version 2.20.0
OS Version: macOS Sonoma
Browser: Brave

Comments

• Hey @ackmanx, thanks for writing in.

If you enclose <input> fields in <form> elements, does that improve the behaviour at all? Here's more information on how to -> Design your website to work best with 1Password - Developer.

Let me know how that goes, @ackmanx.

-Evon

• ackmanx
    ackmanx
    Community Member
    edited February 17
    Options

Thanks for links Evon. I successfully see 1Password ignoring the field if it's in a <form> element and the form does not include the <h1> for the modal (then it suggests it again).

I also see on your link being able to add data-1p-ignore and that worked as well.

Consider this question solved :)

• Thank you for getting back to us @ackmanx.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.