Cannot detect 1password login on certain mobile apps

Options
LiamLee
LiamLee
Community Member

I am unable to get 1password to work properly with certain mobile apps of different purposes (i.e. entertainment, banking, etc).

I can create and save a login into 1password on the login screen of the app but whenever I try to autofill it afterwards, 1password does not detect the login and I have to manually type the name of the login to pull the correct password. Furthermore, I have to press either "Only Once" or "Always Allow" which doesn't not have any effect choosing either one of those options.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS17.3.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @LiamLee! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when filling logins into 1Password. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS through an Apple feature named iOS Password AutoFill and 1Password only provides the data for the experience

Password AutoFill will match the apps that you use to your login items in 1Password by taking the associated domain associated with an app and comparing it against the website URL in your login items. If there is a match then Password AutoFill will offer to fill your login information.

So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Do your Login items, in 1Password, for the apps that aren't working all contain a website address that matches the app that the login is for?
    2. Are you able to provide the name of one of the apps that isn't working so that I can test it on my end? Do not post your username or password, just the name of the app.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave