visionOS: Optic ID fails and leaves an empty floating window anchored to the center of the view

Options
edgrsanchez
edgrsanchez
Community Member

Attempting to authenticate into the Safari extension for 1Password using Optic ID results in these overlays getting stuck.

There's one overlay for every time I attempt to authenticate. I'm running visionOS 1.0.3 and the latest version of the 1Password iPadOS app. The only way to get past this is to reboot the Vision Pro. I can authenticate by typing in my password manually though.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: visionOS 1.0.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @edgrsanchez! šŸ‘‹

Thanks for the feedback! The 1Password app that is available to be installed on the Vision Pro is our iPad app running in a special compatibility mode. A few of my colleagues have reported similar issues and I'll get your report in front of the team as well.

For the time being, I would suggest turning off 1Password for Safari and using Password AutoFill instead to save and fill logins from 1Password.

Let me know if that works better. šŸ™‚

-Dave

• Houdini7
    Houdini7
    Community Member
    Options

Looking forward to the next update that addresses this :)

• gianpo400
    gianpo400
    Community Member
    Options

That's better than what I'm getting. I don't even get optic id to pop up I have to put in my 1password for every field IE username put in 1password then password field I have to input my 1password again for it to fill in the password. It's incredibly annoying because I have a long secure password for 1password.

• @Houdini7 and @gianpo400

Thanks for reaching out. I'm told that visionOS 1.0.3 has resolved certain issues surrounding unlocking with OpticID and I recommend that you update if you haven't already: Update visionOS - Apple Support (CA)

Beyond that, if you're using 1Password for Safari you could try using AutoFill to fill and save logins from 1Password instead: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know how that goes. šŸ™‚

-Dave