Editing item from search result edits wrong item

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

Here's what I see

1. Search for login item A
  2. Tap on it to open and press "Edit"
  3. A completely different item is opened for editing.

I can't really reproduce it unfortunately, but when it happens, I had followed the above steps.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.3.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Update on this.

The problem can be easily reproduced when you force-quit the app. Also it does not open a random item for editing, but the last one you edited.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Edit Item A
    2. Force-quit the app
    3. Search for Item B
    4. When you press edit while in Item B, Item A is edited.

When you cancel editing, force-quit the app again, and repeat steps 3. and 4., Item A is not the one opened for editing, but an Item you have edited before you edited Item A.
    Looks like the app is going through some kind of editing history

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

I've tested with the App Store version 8.10.24, where this does not happen.

• Hello @Manaburner! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue! I can confirm that we've been able to reproduce this behaviour intermittently here on our end and we'd like to investigate further in order to get this fixed. Would you be willing to send in a screen recording of you reproducing the issue on your device so that we can make sure that we're following the same steps that you are: Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)

Send the screen recording as an attachment to support+forum@1Password.com

Please include a link to this thread. If the screen recording is too large to be included as an attachment then just send an email with a link to this thread and, once we've received your email, one of my colleagues will send you a secure share link that you can use to upload the recording to us.

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the recording and don't post the recording to the forum.

-Dave

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P
    I've just sent the email. Ticket ID is HZU-14844-231

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P
    there was a delivery issue but now I have uploaded the file to you.
    Btw. I just updated my other iPhone to App Store version to 8.10.26 and now the issue is happening there as well :(

• @Manaburner

Thank you! I've sent you a reply by email but I'll note here as well that I've been able to reproduce the issue on my own device and our developers are investigating. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20148
    ref: dev/core/core#27606