Every time Session expiring

Options

Since January, a tab has opened saying that my session has expired, before it didn't happen, I saw some complaints on the forum, but my friends are not having this problem, I don't know if it's the specific bug due to something, or I know there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited February 22
    Options

Hello @thiagolmoraes! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an error message that says that your session expired. Our developers are aware and are investigating. So that I can confirm that you're affected by the known issue can you tell me the following:

1. Is two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account? If it it then are you using Duo or Okta or just another authenticator app?
    2. Do you have the desktop app installed?
    3. In the "Security" section of the extension's settings, do you have "Automatically lock 1Password" toggled off?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#27669

• thiagolmoraes
    thiagolmoraes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Thank you for your message, well answering the questions

1. Is two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account? If it it then are you using Duo or Okta or just another authenticator app?

R: Yes, I'm using Google Authenticator App

1. Do you have the desktop app installed?

R: No, just using the extension.

1. In the "Security" section of the extension's settings, do you have "Automatically lock 1Password" toggled off?

R: Yes, I disable this feature a long time a go

• @thiagolmoraes

Thanks for sharing that information! I can confirm you're running into a known issue, which our developers are working hard to get to the bottom of. This error occurs when 1Password for the browser isn't integrated with the 1Password desktop app, and the "Automatically lock 1Password" setting is toggled off.

As a workaround in the meantime, you can install the 1Password desktop app: Get the 1Password apps

Or if you'd like to avoid installing the 1Password desktop app, you can change the "Automatically lock 1Password" setting within 1Password for the browser to a setting other than off:

• thiagolmoraes
    thiagolmoraes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @SamerY1P ,

I appreciate your help! Thank you

• @thiagolmoraes

I'm happy that Samer was able to help. Hopefully the issue will be permanently fixed in a future update soon.

-Dave