1Password is Damaged and Cannot be Opened

Options
drohr
drohr
Community Member

I am receiving the message in a pop up 1Password is damaged and cannot be opened. Delete and download again from App Store. This had gone away and now is back with recent update. It pops up so often I cannot work on my Mac

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20
OS Version: Sonoma 14.2.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @drohr! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble opening 1Password on your Mac. You wrote:

Delete and download again from App Store.

1Password 8, the latest supported version, is not available on the Mac App Store. Instead, you can download the app from our website: Download 1Password for Mac

Can you clarify if you're installing an older version of 1Password from the Mac App Store? If you are then I recommend only using 1Password 8 from our website.

-Dave

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

I understand completely what you are saying however, the version of my 1PW 8.10.26 must mean I got it from 1PW sight correct?

• @drohr

Thank you for the reply. Correct, if you're using 1Password 8 then it means that you've installed it from our website. Can you confirm that you only see one copy of 1Password in the /Applications folder on your Mac?

If you only see one copy of 1Password then I'd like to ask for a diagnostics report from your Mac in order to better help resolve the issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Note: Please use the instructions under "1Password 7" and not "1Password 8" so that you generate a report using the Troubleshooting Utility.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

Things seem to be working fine now. What I did was removed the "Two versions" of 1PW I found in applications. I have had a bit of trouble with the Safari extension in the past and it seems to be good now.

Just so I am clear the latest extension comes with the downloaded version (2.20) ? When I opened to manage extensions that is the one that is there. When I open and sign into 1PW should the extension also open or do I need to open that and sign in separately? In the past it seems I have had to do that which makes little sense to me. It appears to be working fine with the new dnld

• @drohr

Thanks for the reply. In your Applications folder you should see one copy of "1Password" (the desktop app) and, if you're using Safari, one copy of "1Password for Safari" (the browser extension). The icons should look like this:

2.20.0 is indeed the latest version of 1Password for Safari. If you have both the 1Password 8 desktop app installed and 1Password for Safari installed then you'll be able to unlock both of them at the same time. If you're seeing different behaviour then let me know and I can help further.

-Dave

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I see in my applications. It look like two safari items and one may be something involved with the download?

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

It does seem to be working fine

• @drohr

Thanks for posting the screenshot. You can remove the extra copy of "1Password for Safari" that has App Store Download in the Kind column on the right:

Keep the copy that has Application in the Kind column. Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave