OTP doesn't show validity timer in Safari plugin

Options

I noticed that the Safari plugin doesn't show the validity timer when accessing the plugin for the first time since booting. Once I accessed an OTP, it will show the timer like here:

1Password Version: 8.10.24 (81024044)
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

just tried to use OTP for the first time today and this is what I see in the Safari extension

• Hey there @m_w, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I tried testing this on my end but haven't been able to re-create the same behaviour.

Can you please check if there are any pending updates to 1Password for Safari in the Mac App Store?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Evon

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

noting pending - macOS, all apps and extensions are fully up-to-date

• Thanks so much for checking that @m_w. When I tested this, I restarted my computer and opened Safari, after unlocking 1Password, the OTP timer on all of my Logins immediately appeared.

Maybe the steps you took were a little different but I'd like to take a closer look at the issue you're experiencing, so I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further, @m_w.

-Evon

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @EvonG1P - thing is, since I opened the discussion here it hasn't happened again; before it was happening every day for a few weeks; let me monitor it for a few more days ...

• Thank you for getting back to us @m_w, please send over the details as requested by Evon if you run into this behaviour again.

In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend!

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent the email -> [#WIH-35196-623]

• Hey @m_w, thanks so much for sending in the email and sharing the video.

To update the thread, we've created an issue for our development team to look further into this issue where the one-time passcode timer in 1Password for Safari intermittently does not show.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#27984