[Feature Request] Nickname Generator

Options

Hello,

In addition to the password generator, I would also like to have a nickname generator.
This way you can protect your privacy and you don't have to worry about it.

How do you see it, would you also want this feature?

Greetings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @blaxxz,

Thank you for your suggestion, I'd be more than happy to pass it on the the team but first I have a couple of questions.

Do you mean a feature to generate usernames for websites similar to using a masked email address? Can you provide me an example of a scenario where this would be useful?

Thanks!

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @steph.giles,

Do you mean a feature to generate usernames for websites similar to using a masked email address?
    I don't know exactly how the function works. A simple nickname generation integrated into 1Password.

With which I can quickly and easily create a username for a forum etc. So you don't have to worry about it. You would be traveling everywhere with a different username and there would be no conclusions about your identity.

Even if data is stolen, I have a unique username, just like the password.

data protection and privacy

One of your competitors solved it well.

Greetings

• @blaxxz

Thank you for those details. While I can't make any promises, I've filed a feature request for a username/nickname generator with our product team on your behalf. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37488570

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds great. Thank you for that.
    Would be happy to see this feature live. :)

• Thanks again for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

• boxcatdisc
    boxcatdisc
    Community Member
    edited January 12
    Options

Absolute necessity to aid in quickly registering for sites without revealing personal info. My current processes is to use a website that generators random usernames to do this. Would like the convenience of doing it alongside password generation with a click.

Usernames should be just as random and forgettable as passwords. Live and die by the password vault...so please add this feature alongside your already existing password generator!

• @boxcatdisc

You may be able to do this with a workaround. I've create a login and named it interestingly enough "My username generator" I've saved it as a favorite.

I went this route because I can set the generator to a memorable password. I've also favorited it for quick access. Additionally, you'll get a username history saved in the password history section.

I'll let the team know you're interested in a dedicated feature.

Not a valid username. Used for this example only.

• boxcatdisc
    boxcatdisc
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I’ll try that workaround. Ultimately looking for the same functionality where you click in the field and are provided a randomly generated username recommendation

• ag_tommy
    edited January 13
    Options

Gotcha my friend. I've already made the necessary notations for the team. It would alleviate my workaround so I'm right there with you. 😀

ref: PB-37791719

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_tommy

• On behalf of @ag_tommy, you're very welcome @blaxxz! 🙂

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Any news on this Feature? :)

• Hey @blaxxz, I'm sorry to say that I don't have any updates to share at the moment regarding this feature.

-Evon

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Some time has passed. Is there any news regarding this?