Search with limited characters

Options

I was notified that my name and password were found on the "dark web". this is what they sent:
Email address - (mine)
Password - ke***1
Is there a way to search 1Password to see if there is a password that starts with ke and ends with 1?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @KMWAZ, thanks for writing in. I'm very sorry to hear that one of your passwords and email was stolen and put on a website somewhere.

There isn't a way to search for a password that starts with specific characters and ends with a known character. However, you can certainly search in the 1Password desktop app for part of a password. For example, open and unlock the 1Password desktop app and in the search field type in the first two known characters.

I realize this may not be ideal because it searches all fields within your 1Password vault. I do see the usefulness for searching 1Password this way, so I've shared your feedback with our product team so we can improve 1Password in the future.

I hope that helps, @KMWAZ.

-Evon

ref: 38403871

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure I understand your recommendation. If I use the search bar won't pretty much anything (logins etc..) with just using "KE". Pretty must everything will have "KE" as my email kevin@w.....com and I use that as user name.

• Hey @KMWAZ,

Yes, that's correct, looking for just "KE" will search all fields in 1Password. At this stage, you'd have to manually search for that password. If it helps, you can temporarily toggle on the "Concealed Fields" option in the 1Password desktop app so you can search for the password without having to click each password and select "Reveal".

1. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Click your account name on the top left and select "Settings".
    3. In the Security section, scroll down to the "Concealed Fields" section.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and I apologize that I don't have any other suggestions to share.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

-Evon

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member
    Options

Better idea. Download all entries in CSV format into spreadsheet and use VLOOKUP to find it.

• Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @KMWAZ. Hopefully our team is able to introduce more advanced search functionality to 1Password in the future so that you can do this inside of 1Password itself.

Just to be cautious, I'd recommend deleting the .CSV file after because it exports all your data in plaintext.

-Evon