Unable to create passkey for Uber on Android 14

Options
firstofth300
firstofth300
Community Member

Basically what the title says. I am able to go into the Uber app, select create a passkey; however, when the popup to create a passkey in 1Password appears, it appears to error out as it does nothing except disappear and very quickly reappear asking to again create a passkey.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• BforBen
    BforBen
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem with WhatsApp.

It pops up, I unlock 1Password, click Continue and go round in a loop.

I'm running 1Password Beta v8.10.18-19.BETA

• lifelong890
    lifelong890
    Community Member
    Options

Also seeing the same behavior on Android 14 and 1password 8.10.18-19 for Android

• timcancila
    timcancila
    Community Member
    Options

Same
    Pixel 7 Pro
    Android 14 Oct 5, 2023 update
    1Password 8.10.16
    Uber 4.496.10000

• cryptoki
    cryptoki
    Community Member
    Options

Same. Creating a passkey does not work on any application (Amazon, PayPal, Uber, WhatsApp, ...)

• Google Pixel 7 Pro
    • Android 14 (October 5, 2023 update)
    • 1Password 8.10.16
  • coalition
    coalition
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also getting this issue on Uber. Pixel 7, 1Password 8.10.18, Android 14 QPR1 beta 2

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue with WhatsApp on just released Android 14 on Galaxy S23

• Hi everyone,

We appreciate everyone bringing this issue to our attention, as well as the additional details about your devices, which applications are affected, and which version of 1Password you're currently using.

I've gone ahead and opened an internal tracker for our developers to investigate further into this matter. All users in this thread have been added to that tracker as an affected by this issue.

I hope to have more for you soon.

Franky

ref: dev/core/core#25758

• JoseTorres
    JoseTorres
    Community Member
    Options

HI, I would also be interested to know if there are any news regarding this. I have the same issue, so please feel free to add me to such internal tracker if needed.

• Hey @JoseTorres, apologies that you are seeing the same issue. I've added you to our internal tracker as well.

• Ands
    Ands
    Community Member
    Options

How do you get the 1password passkey registration to popo up? I keep gettin the google one and I don't know how to make appear the 1password one on android

• rafsocaredor
    rafsocaredor
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello everyone. I have the same problem that everyone else has regarding passkeys in WhatsApp and Uber especially, and the same question that @Ands raises, about how to make 1Password the main administrator of the passkeys, since in some apps like PayPal, Kayak or CVS is only the option with Google on Android. Waiting for an answer

Hola a todos. Tengo el mismo problema que tiene el resto con respecto a las passkeys en WhatsApp y Uber sobre todo, y la misma duda que plantea @Ands, de cómo hacer que 1Password sea el administrador principal de las passkeys, ya que en algunas apps como PayPal, Kayak o CVS sale solamente la opción con Google en Android. A la espera de respuesta

• rafsocaredor
    rafsocaredor
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello everyone. I have the same problem that everyone else has regarding passkeys in WhatsApp and Uber especially, and the same question that @Ands raises, about how to make 1Password the main administrator of the passkeys, since in some apps like PayPal, Kayak or CVS is only the option with Google on Android.

Waiting for an answer.

• Fydon
    Fydon
    Community Member
    Options

Even though I have 1Password as my preferred service and enabled, I had to select "save another way" and then "use once" to create a passkey for WhatsApp. Worked fine otherwise for me on Android 14 (One UI 6). Samsung Pass was the default.

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm that saving works in case of WhatsApp if I choose "save another way" option and then chose 1Pass. Seems like something os wrong with "default" path.

• J4rm4n
    J4rm4n
    Community Member
    edited February 24
    Options

At the moment it doesn't seem like you can save WhatsApp passkeys in 1Password at all. Even if 1Password is the main password manager, WhatsApp allows you to save a passkey in your Google Password Manager only.

I've also tried to disable the Additional Providers option under Passwords & accounts in order to disable the Google Password Manager altogether and leave 1Password as the only viable option, but an error message shows up in WhatsApp as soon as you tap the passkey creation button.

Pixel 7 Pro
    Android 14 Feb 5, 2024 update
    1Password 8.10.26
    WhatsApp 2.24.3.81