Feature Request: set per-app passwords on iOS

Options
PopRockRoll
PopRockRoll
Community Member
edited February 26 in iOS

Sometimes when an app doesn’t have a URL for the login page, I have to search for the password each time. I don’t know if 1P is able to see what app you’re calling from, but it would be a nice thing to save.

Comments

• Hello @PopRockRoll! 👋

Thanks for the feedback! On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS through an Apple feature named iOS Password AutoFill and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. Password AutoFill will match the apps that you use to your login items in 1Password by taking the associated domain associated with an app and comparing it against the website URL in your login items. If there is a match then Password AutoFill will offer to fill your login information.

If you don't see a prompt that says Fill & Update Login when you search for and tap on a Login Item then it means that the developer of that app hasn't added an associated domain and there is nothing for Password AutoFill to use to match the app to a Login item in 1Password. This means that you'll need to search for the correct Login item.

You can contact the developer of an app to have them add a specific URL as an associated domain for their app so that you don't need to manually add another URL to your login items. Here is Apple's developer page regarding associated domains: Supporting Associated Domains | Apple Developer Documentation

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave