Master Password Re-prompt for Sensitive Items

Options
jpit
jpit
Community Member

Hi. Just migrated our business from LastPass to 1Password and have been enjoying the better experience. So far there's only been two features I find missing after moving over.

This one I want to bring up applies to me personally more on the family side which is why I'm posting here instead of the "Teams and Business" forum.

LastPass had an option you could tick on items to "Re-prompt for Master Password". The purpose of this is to prevent your extra sensitive items from being snooped on by people in the room. If I step away from my computer for a minute or allow my kids to hop on my computer for a while, I want to make sure that certain items are always "locked" even if I haven't completely locked 1Password.

I see that this has been brought up a few times before when I searched the forum, but all of those threads are older and closed. So, I just wanted to bring up the topic again since this seems like it would be trivial to implement in the product but would be valuable for the use cases I brought up. This would also close this feature disparity with LastPass since in every other way 1Password beats it hands down.

In my brief time with this product, it looks like 1Password really values their customer's feedback, so I trust that this will be received well. Thanks for listening!

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 27
    Options

@jpit

Welcome, and yes, we're glad you're sharing what would make 1Password better for you. I'll get this before the products team for their review and possible inclusion in the future. I cannot say when/if this might be possible, but I can advocate for your position with the team. We're also glad you found our community.

ref: PB-38438693