search option in 1pw8

Options
vishalsheth
vishalsheth
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I was able to search for logins on website in the username column. Now I only see the list but when I start typing it does not search or filter data accordingly. This is a new issue that has started with the new update. In trying to correct the date format the search option has been compromised.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16
OS Version: 14.1
Browser: Safari/Chrome

Comments

• Hello @vishalsheth! 👋

I'm sorry that search isn't working correctly for you. I can't reproduce the issue in the 1Password app on my iPhone, here's what I'm doing:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for iOS from the home screen.
    2. Tap Search.
    3. Start typing in the search field. The list of results will change as you type each character.

Are these the steps that you're following as well? Or have I misunderstood the issue?

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave

I was talking about this is Safari on Mac. When I'm on a login site and in the login field if I start typing the name the search does not happen. I have to click on 1pwd browser icon and then do the search and then auto fill the details. I'm hoping I was able to explain it.

• @vishalsheth

Thanks for the reply, the thread was originally posted in the iOS category and I've now moved it to the desktop browser category. 🙂

When I'm on a login site and in the login field if I start typing the name the search does not happen.

1Password in the browser will suggest the appropriate login for the website that you're in using the filling menu:

The suggestions that you'll see in the filling menu are generated by 1Password based on the address of the website and don't depend on what you type into the username field.

Just to clarify a bit further, are you not seeing the filling menu suggest the right credentials on just one website or on all websites? Are you able to post a screenshot of what you do see after you click on the username/password field on a website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Dave

I’m able to view the list. But earlier if I used to start typing it used to search from the list. Now it doesn’t search. There’s no movement in the list.

• Hey @vishalsheth,

Thank you for getting back to us.

It sounds like you may be running into a known issue with 1Password for Safari whereby typing into the field will not filter the list of suggestions. Our team are aware and I have added you as an affected user to the internal issue.

I'm sorry for the disruption caused, let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#24151

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles

When are we getting solution for this?
    1pw8 has lost the amazing software to work with touch. It's a pain to work with now. There are so many issues with 1pw8. This was never the case with 1pw7. It's nice you wanted to start from scratch but I feel it's useless as you've lost basics. I don't remember so many issue with 1pw7. Also if there were there was progress. It's frustrating to use it on daily basis.

• @vishalsheth

I'm sorry the trouble you've experienced is still present. The issue still resides with the team for a full resolution. At this time I do not have any projections or estimates I can share.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    edited January 30
    Options

@ag_tommy

It's funny to see that the same search option works in the browser extension. I wonder why should it take so long to resolve it? This is in Safari.
    The same thing is working fine in Chrome browser. This is working only when the browser is freshly opened. If I religion then the options don't appear. The funny thing here is that the suggestion for new password does not appear and so can't be updated automatically. In Chrome the suggested password has no clue on the requirement of the site. It generates any password with any character length.

WHY ARE WE DOING BETA TESTING FOR YOU AND NOT EVEN GETTING PAID?

• I do not know what the underlying cause is but the team is working with it. Thank you for you understanding while the team works to resolve the trouble.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

I’m happy to inform that the full issue is cleared on Safari.

• @vishalsheth,

Thanks for your patience while our development team worked on a fix, and for confirming that the issue is no longer affecting Safari on your device!

I can confirm that the team released a fix for the 1Password for Safari extension in version 2.20.0 that resolved the issue with filtering items in the inline menu when using 1Password for Safari.

If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know!

-David