Passkey sign in pop-up truncated when signing into Okta in Safari

Options
aviel
aviel
Community Member
edited February 28 in 1Password in the Browser

I keep seeing new UI issues when trying to use passkeys in safari Mac - every time it's a new weird behavior, sometimes it's just a funky UI problem, sometimes (like today) it completely blocks me from being able to use passkeys...

This is a far cry from the rock solid 1pass experience I've gotten used to over the years and I'm very surprised by this, I wonder if others had similar issues?

I uploaded a video showing today's UI wonkiness here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6k5ar719rqu7llgmbszgl/1pass.mov?rlkey=vo9qj26idaua49a5gfzq53zdz&dl=0
(trying to use passkey with Okta login)

1Password Version: 8.10.26 (81026039)
Extension Version: 2.19.0 21900005, on STABLE channel
OS Version: macOS 14.1.1
Browser: Safari 17.1 (19616.2.9.11.7)

Comments

• Hello @aviel! 👋

I'm sorry that the passkey experience hasn't been as consistent as it should be in Safari on your Mac, the behaviour that you've shared in your screen recording definitely isn't right. I've seen that issue on another website but we're still investigating the cause. So that I can dig deeper, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23883