Autofill

Options
schmudi
schmudi
Community Member

Hi,

when I try to enter a shortcut for Autofill in General - Settings - Keyboard Settings in 1Password for Mac 8.10.24 (81024044) the scrollbar immediately moves to the top and the shortcut is not recorded. Is this a bug in this version or am I missing something?

Thomas

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @schmudi

Seems to be a bug. Can you try the following? It's what I used to get mine set after removing my shortcut to test your description. Please try with your desired keys. I was just attempting to set the default.

1. Press Command and hold the key.
    2. Use the Trackpad to scroll the window. The Command key should be shown.
    3. Type the next key.
  • schmudi
    schmudi
    Community Member
    Options

Kind of works some times. Other times the 1Password search opens.

• @schmudi

Thank you for the reply. We have an internal work item open to investigate the issue and I've added your report there.

So that I can help find a workaround, what shortcut are you trying to enter for Autofill?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23168

• schmudi
    schmudi
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

CMD + $ on a Swiss German keyboard layout (https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK2A3SM/A/magic-keyboard-swiss).

For me it works, as it was already configured. But wanted to help a friend and there it's the same issue.

Thomas

• @schmudi

Thank you for the reply. There is a different known issue that affects the ability of certain keyboards to set custom shortcuts for 1Password 8. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you try using a different shortcut, such as CMD + a letter, to see if that works for your friend?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15199

• schmudi
    schmudi
    Community Member
    Options

CMD+ a letter seems to work. It seems also to work when I first clear the keyboard shortcut. But when just I just put the cursor right into the field and assign the new shortcut it sometimes works and sometimes the Quick Access pop-up appears.

Thomas

• @schmudi

Thanks for the reply. To clarify: are you able to set the shortcut to CMD + A? Is there a reason why you're trying to set the shortcut again if it works the first time?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• schmudi
    schmudi
    Community Member
    Options

As the same issue occurs with a friend of mine who is not so tech-savvy it tried it on my system.
    Should work every time so can I tell her who to proceed.

• @schmudi

If you've already set the Autofill shortcut to CMD+A and you try to set it again then you'll be triggering Autofill when you press CMD+A since that's what you've already set the keyboard shortcut to be.

However, you can follow these steps to reliably set the shortcut:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click General.
    5. Scroll down and click on the field next to Autofill.
    6. Click the X button in the field. The settings window will scroll up.
    7. Scroll down and click on the field next to Autofill again.
    8. Press CMD+A to set the shortcut.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave