After updating 1password app, can no longer use onepassword cli on macOS Ventura 13.6, op 2.21.0

Options
Caust1c
Caust1c
Community Member

I get these errors every time I run now.

error initializing client: native messaging: LostConnectionToApp

I opened a ticket but got no confirmation email so no clue if it actually got submitted.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.18 (81018040)
Extension Version: 2.21.0 (CLI)
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.6
Browser: Brave

Comments

• Couldbeanyone
    Couldbeanyone
    Community Member
    Options

Using op 2.22.0 on Ventura (MacBook M2), I cannot confirm the issue with 8.10.18.
    It works for me. Hopefully you find the issue quickly.

• robse
    robse
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue.

op vault list
    [ERROR] 2024/02/26 13:01:30 native messaging: LostConnectionToApp

ls -l $(which op)
    lrwxr-xr-x@ 1 robs  admin  43 Feb 26 12:46 /usr/local/bin/op -> /usr/local/Caskroom/1password-cli/2.24.0/op

this using iTerm2 / Brave Browser 1.62.156

On standard terminal I have instead:

robs@mac:~$ /usr/local/bin/op vault list
    [ERROR] 2024/02/26 13:01:44 connecting to desktop app: 1Password CLI couldn't connect to the 1Password desktop app. To fix this, update the desktop app to the latest version. If you're still having trouble connecting, restart the app. If you're using version 8.10.12 or earlier of the app, the 1Password CLI binary must be located in /usr/local/bin/op.

Macos 13.6.4

Any help here ?

• gpaDon
    gpaDon
    Community Member
    Options

My previously working configuration of op plugins (gh, gitlab) stopped functioning today.
    Sonoma 14.3.1
    1Password 8.10.26

op --version

which op
    /opt/homebrew/bin/op

Earlier today when I noticed op was no longer working, I looked to see if I was on latest versions, and updated op to 2.25.0. Same connect failure to the 1Password app. I restarted 1Password app as suggested - no change in symptoms.

[ERROR] 2024/02/29 15:10:52 connecting to desktop app: 1Password CLI couldn't connect to the 1Password desktop app. To fix this, update the desktop app to the latest version. If you're still having trouble connecting, restart the app. If you're using version 8.10.12 or earlier of the app, the 1Password CLI binary must be located in /usr/local/bin/op.

Caveat about binary must be located in /usr/local/bin/op should not apply since my version of 1Password is newer than 8.10.12.

• gpaDon
    gpaDon
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed couldn't connect to 1Password app error by restarting M1 MacBookPro and repeating test

After a graceful shutdown and restart, 1Password CLI began working again. I don't know exactly what was going on, but perhaps this will help others experiencing this problem.