My wife’s account

Options
Rick1
Rick1
Community Member

My wife is not computer-savvy. When I changed from personal account to a family account, she didn’t feel comfortable with changing things. So now we are in a quandary: she has one account at 1Password, and another at iCloud - I think. So I just changed a password for her; and then had to change the password manually at 1Password. But this did not change the version of 1Password that she is using! That may be on iCloud. Please help!

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: MacOS Sonoma
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @Rick1

Do you see a vault named Primary on her device? Is she using 1Password 7 or earlier?

• Rick1
    Rick1
    Community Member
    Options

She is using 1Password for Mac 8.10.26

• Rick1
    Rick1
    Community Member
    Options

Under 'Default Vault' are Private and Shared.

• @Rick1

1Password 8 would be account based only. There would not be an iCloud or 3rd party vault present. Thanks for confirming.

Do you use VPN's? If you create an entry on one device is it reflected on 1Password.com? If she has multiple devices make sure each one is updating a test item. Most folks use a secure note for this. I'd recommend starting with whichever device you were using when you experienced trouble.

• Rick1
    Rick1
    Community Member
    Options

I don't understand. I also have 1password 7. Can I access her account 7sing that?

• Rick1
    Rick1
    Community Member
    Options

NOTE: I have a VPN, but my wife doesn't.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Create a test note on device 1, then check to see if it arrives on 1Password.com. Repeat this process with each of her devices, one at a time. This will let us know if the device is talking to 1Password.com and sending your data there.

You may have a good clue about which device to start with first.

Is it also possible that she's using iCloud keychain to save details? I think your original post might have confused me and put me in the mind of a Primary vault when, in reality, she has both 1Password and iCloud keychain enabled.

If that's the case, you'll want to turn off the other browser's password manager.

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser