Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • suew
    suew
    Community Member
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hi

I have just purchased 1password for IOS but am trying to get 1password anywhere to work on my windows pc,just "in case" i need access in the future. I have synced with dropbox and the chain is visible but there is no html file to click on. I am using firefox to view dropbox. I would be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction as I am paranoid about needing my passwords if I were to loose my phone.

Many thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi suew! I moved your post to the iOS category and merged it with this existing thread. Please see my post above for an explanation and workaround until this issue is resolved.

• suew
    suew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Khad much appreciated. Sorry to be dense but just to confirm, how would I go about getting my passwords if I needed them on a pc that I couldn't sync with. For example if I went away for a few days didn't have my laptop with me and had my phone stolen? Presumably I would then not be able to access anything.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

You were on the right track. You can use the 1PasswordAnywhere feature (accessible via that HTML file inside 1Password.agilekeychain) to access your 1Password data in any modern browser on a machine where you do not have 1Password installed.

There just happens to be a bug right now where 1Password for iOS doesn't create the HTML file. You can either wait for the next update which will fix the issue or use the workaround I outlined in my post (#6) above. Then you will have an HTML file via which you can access 1PasswordAnywhere.

Please let me know if you still have any other questions. :)

• suew
    suew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again, I think I might have to wait for the fix, don't want mess things up. I would just like to say how impressed I am with customer service. In my opinion this more than justifies the purchase price over free apps.:)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your kind words! We'll work hard to get the update published in a timely manner. :)

• AceOps
    AceOps
    Community Member
    Options

Had followed the instructions under "Back up your 1Password data through iTunes" (http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-move-to-pcs.html) to have a backup from iPhone. Noticed that when I saved the "data" file to the PC, there is a directory containing a file called 1password.html and then a sub-directory with various files but no "1Password.agilekeychain".

Had tried to add the 1password.html to iPad according to the step "Restore the data to your other iOS devices" (http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-ios.html). However, only the Master password present (i.e. need the Master password to login) but there's no entry inside the 1Password for iPad.

Do I need to add each of the files in the sub-directory or miss something else?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, AceOps! I moved your post to the iOS category and merged it with this existing thread. Please see my post above for an explanation and workaround until this issue is resolved.

This discussion has been closed.