Bulk Ignore

Options
mdelrossi
mdelrossi
Community Member
edited March 1 in Mac

Just starting with 1password, longtime (30 year) user of the internet.
I have a tone of forums that I've subscribed to and really don't care about my login info. Is there a way to Bulk ignore those entries so I ca clear the Watchtower results, or am I destined to sit at my computer and go through each one, one by one?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @mdelrossi! 👋

Thanks for the question! There isn't a way to bulk ignore items in Watchtower currently, you'll need to review the logins individually. Even if your logins for certain forums aren't as important, why not generate strong and unique passwords for those as well? There isn't a downside to doing that which comes to mind.

When I started with 1Password, I set myself a goal of going through X number of logins per week and was able to space the work over several weeks until I could confirm that all of my logins were using unique passwords generated by 1Password.

Alternatively, you could put the less important logins into a separate vault and then create a collection that excludes that vault. Watchtower is based on the current account or collection that you're viewing so items from that vault would no longer be considered: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

I hope that helps.

-Dave

• mdelrossi
    mdelrossi
    Community Member
    edited March 1
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion to put them in a different vault.

"Even if your logins for certain forums aren't as important, why not generate strong and unique passwords for those as well?" I'm on the other side of the bell curve of life, and I'd like to enjoy it, not be a slave to the keyboard. ;)

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mdelrossi

I can certainly understand that perspective, I've passed your feedback along to the team. In the meantime, creating a different vault for those items and then excluding that vault using a collection sounds like the path forward for now.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-38531892