Bug Report: New identity not in identities category

Options
pearish
pearish
Community Member

Click on the "+New" button to create a new identity from the grid of new item types. The resulting object isn't in the "identities" category — at least it doesn't show up if you choose the "identities" item in the categories drop down.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: macOS 13.6.4
Browser: NA

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2
    Options

@pearish

I'm not seeing that behavior. Please ensure you check all vaults and accounts. Also, I'd check to see if it's a display issue by using 1Password.com to look for the Identity. Do you experience this with other item types? Are you able to replicate the trouble? Can you clarify if you are looking at 1Password 8 or the browser? I'd think 1Password 8 based on your description, but I want to be sure.

If it is a display issue, try fully quitting 1Password and opening it again. Here's how to quit 1Password completely using our helper in the menu bar.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select Quit.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Open 1Password and unlock.
  • pearish
    pearish
    Community Member
    Options

Mystery solved — and it is all because of your advice to try out the 1password.com web app (....and then trying out the beta UI).
    Summary: I was looking at the "Favorites" view from the left-hand column of the Mac app (or web beta), choosing the "identities" category, creating new items, and not seeing the new items in my view. In hindsight, I understand they didn't show up because they were not "Favorites". However, as I said in my comment about the web beta, I believe that the best UI avoids these opportunities for confusion. I think the original web UI does a better job in this regard.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@pearish

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed your comments about the possible confusion that the user interface can cause here to the team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-38532316