iOS safari and 1Password crashes

Options
Thorendor
Thorendor
Community Member
edited March 5 in iOS

Safari browser quits within seconds of loading. When I turn off the 1Password extension, then crashes stop. I see others have complained but can’t see any resolution and those posts are closed. What do I do?

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Thorendor! 👋

I'm sorry that Safari is crashing when using the 1Password extension on your iOS device. So that I can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: cst3/-/issues/90

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    edited February 23
    Options

After clicking on the sending diagnostic reports link in your message, I am stuck on the alert “Set up an email app”. I already have multiple accounts set up in the Mail app. Please advise?

• @Thorendor

I'm sorry that you're seeing a message to setup an email app. Just to confirm, are you using the default Mail app that comes with iOS: Add an email account - Apple Support (CA)

Would you be able to post a screenshot of the alert that you're seeing? Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    edited February 24
    Options

Yes have the Apple Mail app as my default mail app

• ag_tommy
    edited February 24
    Options

@Thorendor

Maybe it's not set as default. Can you try the following to check that? I'd suggest checking any other email clients you have installed to ensure Mail is the default. If I select Chrome I see Safari as the default. It may be that another app has taken the default.

Change the default web browser or email app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    Options

Apple mail is the default

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    Options

Please provide another way to get the diagnostics? I can then attach them to an email or upload them.

• Are you able to generate the report? If so, use Dave's instructions here which includes the email address as well as other details to include. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/705819/#Comment_705819

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    Options

no be I be am not able to generate the report. Please read my posts and advise? The crashes are frustrating and hamper my ability to use 1Password.

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    Options

(sorry for the typos in the previous post; was doing it from my phone). To confirm: I am not able to generate the reports because the diagnostics erroneously assume I don't have a default email app — see my previous posts

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Thorendor

I'm sorry that the diagnostics report isn't working. Can you double-check the following:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Scroll down and tap on Mail.
    3. Tap on Accounts.
    4. Tap on one of your email accounts.
    5. Make sure that "Mail" is turned on.
    6. Open the Mail app and verify that you can receive new emails.

Then restart your iPhone and try to generate a diagnostics report again using the instructions here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/705819/#Comment_705819

If that still doesn't work then let me know and I'll send you steps for a different method to get more information about the crashes that you're seeing so that our team can investigate this further.

-Dave

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve already tried all of that. I receive mail at multiple accounts. Please stop trying to make me jump through hoops and send the alternative method.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 4
    Options

@Thorendor

I'm sorry that the steps didn't work. It sounds like something is blocking 1Password's ability to call the Mail app on your iPhone so that you can send us the diagnostics report. We might need to circle back to the diagnostics report to fully understand the issue but, for now, I'd like you to check if there's a crash report that you can send us to take a look at:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Select Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data.
    3. Find a file with 1Password in the title. If there are multiple then send the most recent.

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    Options

searching on 1Password does turn up any results.

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    Options

If it helps with figuring out the issue, I noticed the crashes occurring since my work switched to 1Password for password management. I now have two accounts, along with my personal account that I’ve had for years,

• Dave_1P
    edited March 4
    Options

@Thorendor

Thanks for the reply. So that our team can investigate this further, please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com using the email address that's associated with one of your 1Password accounts.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here and I'll make sure that the email gets to the right team.

-Dave

• Thorendor
    Thorendor
    Community Member
    Options

CIC-53691-236

• Dave_1P
    edited March 5
    Options

@Thorendor

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I've located your ticket and moved it to the right team. One of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: KFK-51186-442

This discussion has been closed.