1Password is very slow in Safari...

Options
dealtek
dealtek
Community Member
edited January 16 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password is very slow in Safari 17.2.1...

1 can wait about 5 second before the choices come up. FF and Chrome are instant

How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: 12.7.2
Browser: safari 17.2.1

Comments

• Hello @dealtek! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing slowness when using 1Password for Safari. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Where are you seeing the slowness? When you click on the 1Password icon in the Safari's toolbar? Or when filling a login in a login form? Or when unlocking 1Password for Safari in general?
    2. Has the issue just appeared recently or have you been seeing it for some time?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - it happens when filling a login in a login form? maybe a month or more...

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

also I just updated to 1Password for Mac 8.10.23 - and the slowness is still there

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    edited January 16
    Options

The extension one password for safari would like to access xxx - I had not seen this before only after update and I said always allow... - so now the login will instantly appear on the form on safari as did Firefox and chrome.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    edited January 16
    Options

update - so it seems that the auto update command cmd-\ is what is taking five seconds of waiting to show up on SAFARI - is there a way to fix this? - (also I allowed the extension to be used with both profiles - but that did not help)

• Dave_1P
    edited January 16
    Options

@dealtek

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm: the slowness is appearing only when you press Command-Backslash to fill a login? So that we can investigate this further, I'd like to request the following from you end:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

ok I will do this soon

• Thanks @dealtek

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    edited January 18
    Options

Update: I may have found the issue. When I was looking around it seems as though I had a very long profile history - that I did not want or need. So after clearing it out - now 1P is back to very responsive.

Q: I do have another question in the one password for safari settings - it shows various websites - can you explain the websites that begin with = b5????

• @dealtek

They are our various testing environments. If you have no need to access those, then you can click ask or deny.

These listings do not affect your usage of 1Password, but are necessary. They do not indicate that your device is being used for testing, only that the 1Password extension is allowed to connect to those test domains. The extension needs to be able to connect so that when we use it on our devices we can test as needed.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

are these settings available in other browsers like FF and chrome - brave etc?

• No, @dealtek This is something that we're required to have present due to Apple guidelines. You'll only see this in the Safari extension aka 1Password for Safari.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

ok thanks for the info

• @dealtek, on behalf of Tommy, you are welcome.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

• jiulongw
    jiulongw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have the same issue, and I don't think it is related to the length of the history items. It's sporadic, even for the same website, sometimes the menu appears immediately after the input field is focused. Sometimes it takes 5-6 seconds. I noticed it happened more likely when 1P was in locked state. It's like click 1P icon > Touch ID pops up > Unlock Touch ID > wait 5 seconds for the menu to show up. But it's not 100% tho, sometimes the menu shows up right after unlocking Touch ID.

This issue only happens on Safari with the extension. Never noticed this behavior in Chrome or Chromium based browsers (e.g. Arc).

This issue has been around for months, and was the primary reason I switched from Safari to Arc browser...

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @jiulongw, thank you for writing in. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with 1Password for Safari.

I understand that you switched to Arc. If you'd like to troubleshoot the 1Password for Safari issue further, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

1. First, please recreate the issue you're experiencing.
    2. Then save a console log for 1Password in the browser using the steps here -> Save a console log for 1Password in your browser.
    3. Attach the file to your next reply.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon